Warning: Please test PalmSkinz / GripSkinz in a small area first before applying. Chameleon Sports will not be held responsible for any damage to equipment or personal injury from the installation, use or removal of this product. Installation will require sharp objects and a heat blowing device that should only be handled by an adult. Please read and follow all safety warnings of these items before use.
Here’s how to apply our premium PantSkinz product. Please read and follow these directions EXACTLY to obtain an optimal bond with your equipment:
- When you receive your order, unpack and unroll your PantSkinz material. Don’t be alarmed by the curvature the packaging has created or any creases or bubbles in the material. It will not affect the adhesion or look of your PantSkinz material once you apply it and smooth it down onto the equipment. Also, some minor fraying may occur but it’s completely normal. Trim with scissors as needed.
- If you are covering a cut or hole in your nylon material, please make sure to cut a big enough piece to cover all surrounding areas. If your hole is the size of a dime and you put PantSkinz on in the size of a nickel, there won’t be much adhesive to bond with the nylon. In other words, the more you put on, the better the product will hold.
- Also before you begin cutting, your surface must be COMPLETELY DRY. Any dampness or moisture will cause PantSkinz to not bond properly and will result in the product not working as intended.
- Lay your desired piece of equipment on your work space and place the included tracing sheet over the area that you want to change or repair. Tape the corners of the tracing paper down so the paper doesn’t move while you’re tracing. Masking Tape or Painter’s Tape works as an even better alternative to tracing paper since you can see through it and it sticks, to make cutting easier.
- SLOWLY and CAREFULLY trace the design onto the tracing paper with a soft pencil. Make sure you do this as accurately as you can, as this trace will represent how the final product will look. Have patience and take your time here.
- Once the tracing is done, remove the tracing sheet from the equipment.
- Cut out the design from the tracing paper. It may be necessary to cut your design into 2 or more parts, depending on the location, length, design, etc of the shape.
- Place the traced shape you just cut, onto the front of your PantSkinz material and again, tape it down.
- SLOWLY and CAREFULLY cut that same shape out of your PantSkinz material. You need to be as accurate as possible. Have patience and take your time here.
- Once the PantSkinz material is cut into the shape you want, remove the tracing paper from the front and then the white protective backing from the back of the PantSkinz material and carefully place the PantSkinz over the area on your equipment.
- Start at one end of the PantSkinz material and slowly push it down on the equipment, working from one end to the other end. Make sure you are not leaving bubbles underneath the material. You want PantSkinz to sit flush with no bumps or bubbles underneath.
- You can now apply a GENTLE heat with a hair dryer or heat gun (low setting). Once the PantSkinz material feels LUKEWARM, press on it firmly. MAKE SURE THE SURFACE IS NOT HOT BEFORE YOU TOUCH IT! Also, DON’T TRY TO PEEL IT TO SEE HOW WELL IT HOLDS!!! You’re just creating a spot for it to peel.
- Once your PantSkinz are attached to your equipment, press down FIRMLY on the entire PantSkinz design to make sure you get a solid bond to that area. You can continue to do this once a day for the 72 hours described below.
- We HIGHLY recommend leaving PantSkinz (installed) for 72 hours (3 days) in a room temperature environment. If you follow the instructions above and wait 72 hours, you’ll get a proper bond that will last much longer than if you don’t. Can you use it right away? Yes you can however, we make no promises for the product’s effectiveness. The longer you leave it to set, the better it will hold. The difference between the bond in the first few hours and the first few days is quite significant.
- Take 5 steps away from your equipment, turn around, look and enjoy the new beauty of your creation! Please read the removal instructions now and don’t forget to send your before and after pics to firstname.lastname@example.org
TO REMOVE PANTSKINZ
PantSkinz are completely removable! To remove PantSkinz, simply dig your fingernail under a corner and pull away from the piece of equipment it’s installed on. If some adhesive remains stuck, use the sticky side of the removed pieces of PantSkinz to “dab” the sticky areas and it will pull the adhesive off. A gentle heat from a hairdryer can also be used to help remove any remaining adhesive, while continuing to dab.