HOW TO APPLY PADSKINZ WAFFLES
Warning: Please test PadSkinz in a small area first before applying. Chameleon Sports will not be held responsible for any damage to your equipment or personal injury from the installation, use or removal of this product, suggested products or its contents. Installation will require sharp objects and should only be handled by an adult. Please read and follow all safety warnings of these items before use. Any unused PadSkinz material should be discarded as it will become less sticky over time.
- Here’s how to apply your PadSkinz Waffle. Please read and follow these directions EXACTLY to obtain an optimal bond with your pad:
- When you receive your order, unpack and unroll your PadSkinz material. Don’t be alarmed by the curvature the packaging has created. It will not affect the adhesion or look of your PadSkinz material. Also, please WASH YOUR HANDS before handling the adhesive, otherwise the dirt and oils from your fingers can affect the bond with your gear. You will need a sharp blade and scissors for cutting.
- Lay your Waffle on the front of the blocker (before removing the adhesive backing) and get an idea of where the center is and how you’re going to put it on. The extra white PadSkinz around the graphic may be used to wrap the sides, top and bottom of your blocker depending on your blocker type.
- FOR BLOCKERS WITH A BINDING (nylon border around the facing), you need to create a template of your blocker facing. Cover the facing of your blocker in masking tape or painters tape. Trace the outer dimensions inside the nylon binding as accurately as possible with a pencil. Carefully remove the masking tape as an entire piece and lay it centered on the PadSkinz Waffle. Using a sharp blade, cut out the shape. Remove the masking tape from the Waffle front and continue to step 5.
- FOR BLOCKERS WITH NO BINDING (nylon border around the facing), we recommend starting from the bottom of the blocker (fingers end). You are only applying this to the facing of the blocker. Sides, top and bottom will be applied after the front is complete.
- Peel back the backing from the bottom of the waffle to approx the colour bar and apply to the bottom face of the blocker as straight as possible. You want the bottom circles to be approx .5” from the bottom seam of the blocker. You can reapply the product until straight but try to do this as little as possible. BE CAREFUL THE ADHESIVE DOESN’T TOUCH ITSELF OR THE PADSKINZ!
- Once lined up straight, flatten down from the middle to the left and to the right separately. Make sure to flatten down in a straight line from side to side only. Stop before folding any sides, top or bottom down as they should remain detached.
- Remove the remaining adhesive backing from the top section and continue applying the remaining PadSkinz to the top of the blocker facing, making sure to flatten from the middle to the outsides again without folding down the sides, top or bottom.
- FOR BLOCKERS WITH A BINDING, you’re done! Enjoy the great new look of your Waffle and don’t forget to send your “before and after” pics to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- FOR BLOCKERS WITH NO BINDING, it’s time to attach the sides. From the facing of the middle of the blocker, smooth down each side in a straight sideways motion. Start from the middle of the blocker. Be careful that the corners don’t touch each other. If they do touch, try to pry the 2 sides apart. The top and bottom pieces should still be unattached.
- To deal with the buckling at each corner, use a sharp blade to make a cut from each corner point of the blocker diagonally to the corner of the Waffle sheet. To summarize, you’re cutting each buckle in half, down the middle, to make 2 separate pieces. One will fold underneath the other.
- Take the piece you just cut that is attached to the side of blocker and attach it to the blocker underneath the top or bottom of the blocker so it seals any gap. Do this for all 4 corners. Always attach the side pieces first before the top or bottom pieces.
- Now apply the top and bottom pieces over top of the side pieces you just wrapped underneath them.
- Using scissors, trim the top (or bottom) piece by cutting it straight, in line with the vertical facing of the blocker. Smooth down all corners.
- Once all 4 corners are complete, we recommend that you give those corners 5 seconds of heat from a hair dryer and push them down.
- Carefully trim any excess PadSkinz on the sides, top or bottom with a sharp blade.
- You’re done! Enjoy the great new look of your Waffle and don’t forget to send your “before and after” pics to email@example.com.
TO REMOVE PADSKINZ WAFFLES
Warning: Please test all adhesive removal liquids in a small area of the equipment first before applying. Chameleon Sports will not be held responsible for any damage to your equipment or personal injury from the installation, use or removal of this product, suggested products or its contents. Please read and follow all safety warnings of these items before use.
You purchased our product because you wanted it to stick and stay stuck, not come off easily! If you’re just going to put more PadSkinz on top of the remaining adhesive then a complete adhesive removal is not necessary. The directions below are for a complete removal and return to the original look of the pad. Please always check www.padskinz.ca/how-to-apply-waffles for the latest removal instructions. Time and patience are required here.
- Dig your fingernail under a corner of the PadSkinz material and peel the material away from the equipment. Once you’ve peeled it all off, keep it as you may need it to help with removal later.
- Once the material is removed, you’ll probably have some adhesive still on the equipment. To remove this residue, we recommend using the sticky side of the piece you just removed to dab those areas. Our adhesive sticks extremely well to itself and this will pull off the remaining bits. Another method is to push the adhesive in one direction with your thumb, fingers or an eraser. You’ll create a row of glue. Using the glue ball that you can create with this line, you can also use it to dab and pull off the remaining adhesive. This is a very effective method.